During this time of year, fireworks safety is very important. In some areas, letting off fireworks is not even legal. Be sure to check with your local police department for the most up to date regulations in your area. At McCready, Garcia & Leet, we are concerned about the injuries both adults and children can suffer as a result of careless use of fireworks. Both kids and adults can suffer serious burns and eye injuries.
Below is a list of safety precautions for fireworks use:
- Kids should never play with fireworks.
- Buy only legal fireworks.
- Never try to make your own fireworks.
- Set off fireworks in an open area, away from homes or people.
- Always use fireworks outside and keep a bucket of water nearby.
Fireworks are meant to be enjoyed. But you'll enjoy them much more knowing you and your family are safe!