Everyone at McCready, Garcia & Leet would like to wish all of you a happy summer! We hope that you are able to enjoy the warm weather, spend time by the pool or on the lake, and enjoy the summer with family and loved ones. Spending time around bodies of water, whether it is a residential pool or a lake, has been a summer pastime for generations of Americans. Going to the pool is relaxing and enjoyable, but many people often overlook the safety concerns associated with pools. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission indicates that about 50,000 people a year seek emergency room care for injuries involving pools.
Here are some quick tips to follow this summer for water safety:
- Never allow children to swim alone.
- Adults should not swim alone in lakes or larger bodies of water.
- Make sure your child is not able to gain access to your swimming pool or neighborhood pond/lake.
- Slipping on a wet deck is also a concern for injury. No running around the pool or on a deck.
- Children should always wear proper life preservers while on/in the water. There should also be one life preserver available for each adult on the boat.
- No alcohol while driving a boat.
Remember, going to the pool or lake is supposed to be a fun time for the family, just make sure to keep these precautions in mind so this fun time does not turn into a horrific tragedy.??